Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fujica ax-1


this camera as stated above, Fujica ax-1... I just receive this from my uncle i think few days ago. It looks interesting to me. It's old but i love it somehow.. Film operated, and it still look kinda new. By the way, this camera belongs to my grandpa, so i guess we all can roughly guess that this camera is too mature! Have been trying to clean it this few days and search some information about it on the net but still i'm kinda blur about this camera. So far everything seems to work well but the view finder is all blank! I'm not so sure where should i fix or clean so i dare not do any detail cleaning on this camera yet. Maybe i'll try to get it repair soon.. and hopefully this time this camera can be repair and i can use it! Can't wait.. Film photography... Have been doing some snapping with film camera nowadays but din't get the time to get it develop. Kinda curious of what will the outcome be.. If you see my previous blog, i'm using that olympus camera for my experiment. So far so good to me. I try my best to compose my picture in any ways that i can but i have this feeling that the outcome of it later will be something that i won't expect. Good or bad it's up to the results later... But again, if it is not good, i will try again. Will keep the photo updated after i finish developing it soon(i hope)... Anyways, i'll try to get this baby fix and we'll see how it works. For now, browse around guys and see if you might know anything that you might wanna share with me.. God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. wow looks old. my dad gave me his nikon FM10. is also a Film operated SLR. quite hard to use coz everyshot u taken cnt be deleted(shutter too faz or appature too small)

    I am Edmund^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.. it's kinda old already. Wow, you should experiment with that camera. I haven't really try to do some shots with it yet. But when i do i will post it up.. hehe... Hey, post up some picture, we can share together....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same camera as you. My father gave me when I studied in the University (graphic design). I shot to many pictures with it and I can tell you that... don't fool your self... You have a treasure! This camera its from 80's and my camera works perfectly too nowadays!
    The optics is very good and it has a very strong body.
    The film has a particular quality that digital don't and it's the great and high definition picture. You can keep it proud. And don't listen who tells you that is an oldie looking aspect. (remember retro is trending now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there... Thanks for the encouragement and thoughts.. I have yet to repair this camera but i really do love it and i still kept it nicely till now. It has been 2 years now since i first found this camera. At my place, not all camera shop that has experience repairing it. So it's a little hard to find parts i guess. But anyways, thanks alot! I never think this camera is too old.. Love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased that very camera in January 1980. Still have it. It has always taked amazing photos. Have fun with it. Mine currently has a bad electrolytic capacitor (went out in 1989 also) Must fix this problem and then I will pass the camera on.
    Yes it is old... but one of the greatest cameras made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! In search for a manual for this camera, I found your blog and the actual manual so I thought you might want to take a look at it.
    http://www.pentax-manuals.com/fujica/manuals/ax1_s.pdf
    If you need a password it's (Fujica)

    Photographically Yours,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete