Friday, March 11, 2011

Nature Photography Contest... and Pictures... Photography... Words...



Recently i was looking at lots of picture. Really miss taking photos around my home town. My sis told me why don't i join the Green Heights Mall Nature Photography contest? Was kinda not interested at first but after looking at the photos in there, i felt happy for some reason. Not long after that i decide to dig up my old photos and just sign them up for fun. It was not the best but just for the sake of enjoying the whole process of it. 
To be honest, i kinda miss taking picture. Last time i use to walk around and bring my camera around with me. Wherever i go, my camera bad will always be with me. Enjoying snapping around town or at home.. Did some experiment on shooting technique and so on.... Usually i like my photos non edited. I enjoy viewing it just the way it is. The natural colour and texture. It's just pure beauty... What you see is what you get. It's just as simple as that... Sometimes if we edit too much, it would be fake eventually.. But again, it's not wrong... Just personal preference. 

Erm, random snapping is what i like best. It's because you will get a random results and the picture will be more natural that way. I usually did that on portrait photography. I usually will take them for a distance away. That is when they din't notice it and i'll just snap according to the mood. It doesn't matter if sometimes you don't get what you want, but every picture is priceless cause it only happen on that particular moment and guess what, you caught it... See... it's not that bad right??? You kept that memories for them and for yourself... When the time comes, you can share it with them and laugh all you want about it. I believe every picture has stories behind it. What happen during this particular time and maybe for some, that picture is when you spend time with your family and friends or it can remind you of something that you might forget. Well that is what i think and so far i believe in it and i trust yes it's true. 

Colours... Some picture i like the dramatic colours... Some i like soft.. Well it depends on your own likings right? Photography is just so subjective. In this area we barely can say everything you see is correct or wrong. Correct me if i'm wrong. I mean, how do you know that is this way and not that way? How do you know this must be side and not top or bottom? It's just a matters of personal preference. But in certain ways that i think some can be judge or to be corrected, is during sharing. They wont actually say you are wrong but they will tell you if you take this photo in a certain ways, it will stand out more. Something like that... Sharing is good cause from there, we will improve more and learn more from those who has more experience in this field. This 6 pictures here are those that i pick for this contest. It's not the "BOMB" but just for fun... I never actually join any competition before but i just wanna enjoy the whole process of it. It's okay if i don't win anything but i get the chance on viewing people's artwork and look at the beauty of it. This last picture here is one of my favourite. I took this picture using a digital camera... Was having a simple reunion with my fellow friends and we did enjoy the whole day together. It was not easy to meet all the time due to different working path and life so this is the moment where we really enjoy our presence together. That is some of the story behind it... =) Will try to be active in photography soon and will post more in near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment